2014 to Present Jeep Cherokee KL 75watt Solar Hood Panel
75W Hood Solar Panel for Jeep Cherokee KL (2014-Present), this solar panel installs on the hood and charges the vehicle battery or house battery.
* Charge controller and vinyl base layer are also sold separately on this site. *
We are very pleased to offer this Cherokee solar panel, as it was measured, designed and printed from our test 2019 Cherokee measurements! We then adjusted the design to also fit the 2014-18 Cherokee hood. That means we KNOW it fits!
Q: Why isn’t it $500-$600 like other sites? A: We refused to pay a branding fee, or resell another company’s product, therefore are able to pass the savings to you, the customer.
This product is made on demand so expect up to a 20 day lead time and then about 8-10 days shipping. If ordering more than one component in this set up, plan ahead that each piece will be shipped separately.
A little history about this product: The original product currently on the market did not fit Cherokee hoods very well. One even requires you to relocate the washer nozzles. This design is the most current and correct version of the product. We have worked very closely with the manufacturer to create the best fit, including following the curvature on the rear of the hood using a 2019TH. We relocated the cut outs for the washer fluid nozzles for a better and easier install. Then we went and test fit the design on a 2017 Cherokee limited to make sure it was compatible. It was not, so we then redesigned again. It will now fit all KL model years and trim levels. Interesting fact, all the companies currently selling this product, will from now on be selling our design once they deplete their stock of the old design. We are proud to say we are working with the manufacturer to design products and aren’t just resellers.
This provides power to keep 12v accessories like fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehilce. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
1. Keep your vehicle battery topped up at all times. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun. Perfect for the overlander or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery.
2. Prolongs your battery life. The solar panel will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
3. Emergency engine starting device. If you ever manage to completely drain your battery. The solar panel will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure. Very efficient and great back up if you want to be off the grid.
4.Decreased hood glare. Due to it's light absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle, the decreased glare while driving. That means constant charging regardless of sun angle.
5. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. This solar controller is compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid andLithium-ion.
6. The optional but highly recommended custom cut vinyl base sheet protects the underlying vehicle paint from damage. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
75W ETFE Flexible Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight(60% less than the conventional solar panels), durable, and highly resistant to the harsh operating conditions of a marine environment.
Peak power: 75W
Solar cell efficiency: 23%
Maximum power voltage: 20V
Maximum power current: 4A
Open circuit voltage: 23V
Short circuit current: 4.4A
Power allowance range: +/-3%
Maximum system voltage: 500V
Net Weight: 2.6kg/2.8 lbs
J-Box: IP 68 rated with 2m/6.5ft cables and MC4 connectors
Values at standard test conditions: Air Mass - AM1.5, Irradiance - 1000W/m2, Cell Temperature - 25°C